How i come to know about The String Theory...


The Physics today has become so much complicated and challenging. The fact is there are lots of varieties of study of Physics. I am not going to talk about them now; this post is on how I come to know about the theory called 'String Theory'...


I came to know about String Theory while I was just a kid. Like I was a student of class 7. I was very much interested in 'science' rather than 'physics' in particular. one Friday The Daily Ittefaque published a stunning news in science page- it was quite like ' the cosmic symphony is finally found in strings' I was amazed to find a picture of a violin above the article and also the writer was trying to show something deep connection between the violin strings and a theory called String Theory. But introducing string theory was not the subject of the article but rather it was about the revolutionary unification of string theory. (It was done by a physicist- now I know him as Ed. Witten) I had no idea about what actually it was about...


After few years, like when I was studying in class 10(SSC). and was aware of Physics and Relativity, Quantum Mechanics, and many other topics...one evening I listened to a BBC Radio interview of a person who newly published his book on string theory...who briefly gave the idea of strings n stuff... (later I bought his book, and even we showed the documentary he made on string theory in a workshop-he was Brian Greene) from that time up till now, that stuck into my mind and still struggling to grasp what’s actually is happening..In my college life I could use internet, and I told my brother to download/print the whole official site of string theory. And so he did....so that made me clear what actually do string theory say in a very rough language.


When I got admitted into Physics in Dhaka University, I found a bundle of books on String Theory and lots of many other books on fundamental topic of Physics in our Seminar Library. (I must thank MR. MAHBUB MAJUMDAR who donated so many recent books on String Theory and many other advanced topics needed to study this. he's the one who is a trainer of Bangladesh Mathematics Olympiad and who worked on cosmic strings and has a cool profile - I’ll talk about him later)..so, at this stage I seemed like I have got everything needed....and since then I have been trying to study what actually string theory is saying and what’s the physics...I will be posting on these and also why do we care to learn this & what’s the ultimate target of studying it....and why the term 'The Theory Of Everything' (TOE in short) is often used for string theory etc..


Ashik left me a msg in ma previous post-I’ll reply you shortly...thanks.

Comments

Popular Posts